Curator of the Drawing Class
Jenny Allen is a fine artist who’s main major specializations are printmaking and drawing. Her artwork is exhibited globally and is held in public and private collections.
Because of her involvement in arts education and residencies (most recently, in Worcestershire in the UK) Jenny has developed a strong interest in the creative aspects of building ideas, and the thinking generated through making.
Jenny is an Associate Lecturer at the Rose Bruford Theatre School and at The University of Arts in London.
Since 2000, Jenny has been involved in projects related to kids. She is pleased to be on the Board of Directors of Ignite Futures! an organization that promotes creativity in learning for school-aged children…
Jenny works from her studio and workshop in a converted jam factory and warehouse in South Boston.
- What do you like?
- Looking closely at nature.
- What don’t you like?
- Being stuck.
- What inspires you at the moment?
- I’m currently inspired by two things; walking drawings and the Hunterian Museum at the Royal College of
- Surgeons in London. You should go. It’s a crazy yet fascinating place.
- What do you like best about being an artist?
- Every day is inspiring.
Email: [email protected]